Last Updated: July 5, 2018
Collection of Information
Information You Provide Directly To Us
Information About Your Use of the Platform Services
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use the Platform Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
• Log Information
We collect log information about your use of the Platform Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, the page you visited before navigating to the Platform Services, and Case Challenge information.
• Device Information
We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Platform Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
• Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Platform Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Platform Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Platform Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Cookies” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Platform Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, publicly available sources, and prohibited people lists.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Platform Services, such as to administer your account. We may also use the information we collect to:
• Provide our services, process transactions, and send you related information, including Case Challenge updates and invoices;
• Match WeSolv Companies with users of the Site;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
• Ensure compliance with our Terms of Service, including but not limited to identifying and preventing misuse, inappropriate behavior, fraud, or any criminal activity;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
• Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by WeSolv and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Platform Services;
• Personalize and improve the Platform Services and provide content or features that match user account profiles or interests; and
• Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How We Share Your Information
We will not share information about you except in the following circumstances:
• With other users of the Site. WeSolv shares the biographical and education/work history information of Students with WeSolv Companies. If you are a Student, you agree that you will notify WeSolv in advance of your engagement by WeSolv if there is any special sensitivity regarding the handling or sharing of your personal information;
• With vendors, consultants, third party payment processors and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process; including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
• If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of WeSolv or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
• Between and among WeSolv and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
• With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, such as aggregate Site usage data or demographics reports.
Social Sharing Features:
Advertising and Analytics Services:
Transfer of Information to the U.S.:
WeSolv is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
Residents of the European Economic Area:
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
• We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the WeSolv services you have requested).
• We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to the Platform Services, and to provide, secure, and improve the Platform Services.
• We have your consent to do so.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
You have the right to review, change and delete information about you at any time. You can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requesting to have all of your information deleted may result in account deactivation. You can choose to have your account deleted from the system by emailing email@example.com , but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Platform Services.
We may send you periodic promotional or informational e-mails. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. If you opt-out of receiving e-mails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account on the Site or the Platform Services.
Links to Third-Party Websites:
How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Signals:
Some web browsers transmit “Do-Not-Track” signals to websites. The Site does not currently respond to browser “Do-Not-Track requests.
222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza #1212
Chicago, IL 60654